Flash Fiction 1

I want to run but my brain has melted. Im pretty sure Im stuck to this spot. Im screaming inside my head for my body to move but its not doing anything helpful. Except drowning out the swishing footsteps moving towards me. Growing louder. And louder.
I turn around as I hear the footsteps reach the landing behind me. I scream even louder at my body to move. I may even have screamed out loud but all i can hear is the blood whooshing in my ears. I feel hot and cold all at once. 
He slows his pace as a wide devilish grin engulfs his face as he comes towards me. 
I scream louder. And louder. And louder. 
Nothing changes.
I watch him get closer and closer and closer, until I can feel his coldness upon the back of my neck.
a shiver runs down my spine and I feel myself falling.
Falling. Quickly. Into darkness.

My eyes flick open and I sit up, searching the gloom for him. But he’s nowhere to be seen. 
It was another dream. Wiping the sweat from my brow, I settle back into the pillows on my bed.

The figure beside my bed licks his blood red lips hungrily as I drift back to sleep.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Rain Looks Different in That City

Mslexia Flash