8 random words + 15 minutes ....

1. flute
2. defy
3. fluttering
4. cappuccino
5. defraud
6. dusty
7. bodyguard
8. dream

I sip my cappuccino, gazing out of the window at a fluttering carrier bag caught on the phone lines above. Its stuck, like me.

I was chasing a dream but that flame was extinguished quite quickly. Now all I have is a dusty vision of a glamourous life playing the flute for the philharmonic, which i will never live.

I defy anyone to not give up when they get diagnosed with a terminal illness. I thought about just ending it all but there is a tiny part of me that wants to live dangerously all of a sudden. Tempt fate a little.

Thats why i took this job. The danger. No one hires a bodyguard if theyre feelin' safe, right?

The 'boss' is a prat and, to be honest, im not surprised people have been trying to rip him off left, right and centre. He's definitely one of the more-money-than-sense crew. I'm sure even a novice could defraud this muppet with a little planning.

Maybe i should give it a try? Make it my last hurrah. But who would i give the money to to? No one in my life deserves it ... unless ... i used it to eliminate them. I'd love to say im joking but i think that ordering a hit or two would be the best way to spend the money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rain Looks Different in That City

Flash Fiction 1

So far the disease had cropped up in 5 different towns ...